What Makes Sense (To Us) Is:
1) A limited effective government with authority/power as enumerated in our Constitution. Conservative does not mean stop the growth of knowledge or refusal to change with the ever-changing times.
2) A belief in and support for a true free market capitalist economy. That is to say belief in a market regulated so as to insure honest competition between worthy competitors. For a market to be free it must be regulated. Unregulated markets result in predatory capitalism and/or monopoly.
3) Support for a judiciary (Supreme Court) that interprets law based on the Constitution.
4) A legislative branch that recognizes their responsibility is to the people, not just their own party, some special interest group(s), or their own political self-interests.
5) A government that recognizes and respects the rights of the individual as delineated in our Bill of Rights and the Constitution.
6) A government that views its mandate to tax the citizenry as limited to funding the proper roles of government. Which includes providing for the national defense and the general welfare of the nation. All of our people
7) A government that recognizes the value of borders, language, and culture and insures that we have effective laws to control immigration into our country. As a nation of immigrants we should remain a melting pot but must do so wisely.
8) A government that recognizes the only appropriate use of deadly force is in the defense of our borders and our people comprise the nation.
9) A government that protects the rights of all to participate in free political and religious speech, as well as written expression of the same.
10) A government that insures its citizens are protected from crimes against their person or property, and when necessary administers proper and effective redress.
11) A government that understands the only justification for the use of force against another sovereign nation is in response to an act of aggression against our nation and its people.
12) A government that understands that “nation building” is foolhardy and can only end poorly.
Our weblog’s official view on these complex ideas. What was at one time a Conservative Manifesto has evolved into what might make sense. Given our diversity in ideas and opinions we’re sure many disagree with the thoughts above.
Feel free to add your own views as it could provoke much spirited discussion. Maybe even a featured blog article!